Monday, October 4, 2010

Agent Shopping

Well I got a copy of the Representation Directory (holy mother it's huge and expensive!) and I'm on IMDBPro, which means I get to check out all the agencies in the area. I sent out about 50 or so submissions, and I'm sending more soon. Postage is kind of expensive, unfortunately. To save a little, I'm emailing my materials whenever possible. I have snazzy labels, so I can put a professional touch to it.

So far I've had one bite. A commercial agency called me back, and I had an audition with them last Thursday. I read a PSA about drugs and a L'Oreal commercial spot. I really think the on-camera class I took in MD a couple years ago really helped! I tried to slow down and take my time, smiled a lot (at least for the L'Oreal bit!) and tried to look at the camera a lot. I think I read my best, and I feel good about it. They said if they were interested I'd be hearing back in the next two weeks. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep submitting myself for things.

Kids' classes are over, so my next project is helping out with choreography for a workshop of Little Shop of Horrors. I'm gonna concentrate on the urchins, do some motown style stuff, and just add a little to what the leads are already doing. Honestly, doing the classes gave me a lot of confidence for what I could do creatively, it was a real stretch trying to add choreography to a number like "Not While I'm Around" (Sweeney Todd), which doesn't traditionally involve dance at all.

Other than that I don't really have any projects in the offing, I'm taking some time to save up money with my new job, and anyway I'm planning to go away for a couple weeks with Jake, so it's hard for me to commit to anything right now. I am, however, looking forward to seeing my friends in some shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment